- Comfort – 7/10
- Stability – 8/10
- Traction – 7/10
- Durability – 7/10
From the outside, Montara looks like a solid hiking shoe. It is hands down the most stylish hiking shoe on our list.
It has zero break-in time and you immediately feel the extra cushioning near your heels. Thanks to its double-density midsole, Montara shines through on uneven terrain. At just 1.5 lbs. It’s extremely easy.
On the other hand, the toe box is narrow which makes your feet a little uncomfortable. The traction is also a mixed bag. While it excels on granite, it doesn’t offer the same performance the muddier trail.
If you are looking for a stylish couple for a little day hike, Montara is your best buy.
WHAT WE LIKED
- The Montara adapts to your feet right from the get-go, and the padded collars give additional comfort to your heels
- The combination of dual density midsole and Ahnu’s Numentum HIKE technology, the Montara is one of the more stable shoes. (It truly shines one uneven terrain)
- At just 1.5 lbs. it is extremely lightweight, making it perfect for a small day hike
WHAT WE DISLIKED
- Due to a narrow toe box, your feet begin to feel tired after an exhausting hike
- The lacing system is below average
- Ankle support is minimal
The Montara was designed exclusively for women and stands for style. It doesn’t do a bad job of comfort and support either.